Monday, April 14, 2014

A sudden realization of Career

I've been on the working force for around a year now, from part time waiter to engineer. And only recently i started to realize my concern of my own future career. Friends and colleague around me keep reminding me of huge sum of money they earn, how i wasn't shortlisted for a yest list for not having a clear goal in life,and for those who yet to earn, they at least have a mission in life.

As for me, I am still like, well..ermm, go with the flow i guess. Best example would be my decision on UTAR. Well, it's not really like decision at all. I went in because my friend say it is very nice and cheap.

And now, joining the work force, i had learnt that everything from now on it's my own decision. Initially i planned to start a good career in KL, but after the accident, i had to go back to my hometown and find work there. And finding job there is not easy, more dependable source will be newspaper rather than online job hunt. The offer is so low, and none of the company i am interested on.

Eventually i found one from newspaper and joined the company. After few months working there, i've urged myself that i really should leave my comfort zone for something better. Given that i did not achieve any work satisfaction at all and i believe I will get better exposure in west Msia. I left everything behind and went back to KL for work.

Initially everything was good, colleagues are nice, working environment is good. But almost a year working here now, seeing how the company system were, potential employees start leaving, and a recent chat with upcoming ex-colleague for a better career, which makes me start to realize i should shape up my career now on-wards.

Already lost a girl which i really like, and now i don't really have much reason why i shouldn't once again leave my comfort zone to go and explore more for a better career.

No comments:

Post a Comment